1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Stayed at a job longer than eight months.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t do new year’s resolutions anymore because I always break them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Clive’s sister, a few friends from afar and online.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
How about provinces? We went to Ontario in the spring.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 1: My first day back to work since Ash was born. He was 18 months old and still such a baby.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Pip Robins’ success this autumn was a pretty big step for me. I am thrilled, and I hope it keeps up.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Leaving my son in the care of other people when I wanted nothing more than to be with him. I still have mixed feelings about it on a daily basis, even though I love my job.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My tattoo made my foot swell for a couple of days and that kind of sucked.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Clives, as always. He is a magnificent man.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine. The glory that is mom guilt.
14. Where did most of your money go?
A motorcycle, fabric, and daycare.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The success of Pip Robins.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
I don’t remember how I felt last year. I’ll say I feel happier because I’ve found myself again. Probably about the same weight-wise. Richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Cherish the little time I have with the boy.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stress out. Get angry. Eat candy.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Morning at our house. Afternoon with the extended family. It was lovely.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
A hundred times over. Every single day.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Dexter. BY FAR!!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t know.
26. What did you want and get?
A cozy new home. I love, LOVE our apartment.
27. What did you want and not get?
I can’t think of anything.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don’t know.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 29. I have no recollection of what I did! Oh dear.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A vacation to somewhere warm.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
It started off with a mom haircut and one pair of jeans. When I went back to work, I got a brand new haircut and then went shopping in Ontario and spent $600 on new clothes and fell in love with skinny jeans. I am a changed woman. I was also introduced to colours in clothing. You mean there’s more than just black?
32. What kept you sane?
Working. And then spending time with Ash. Then going back to work again.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
SWINE FLU, MOTHER FUCKER. And those UNSAFE and UNTESTED vaccinations!!!@#!@$@#%@#$
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My coworkers, and even though I “knew” her before, my boss April. Everyone I work with is fucking incredible.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Do not assume.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I don’t know, sorry.