1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Drove a motorcycle.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t do new year’s resolutions anymore because I always break them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My brother’s girlfriend.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
United States. Two days in NYC.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A bigger motorcycle, a flourishing business.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Keeping it together.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
How I remain virtually unscathed- injury-wise all these years keeps surprising me.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New flannel sheets.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine and Clive’s, most of the time.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Fabric, rent, a family vacation in August and my trip to NYC including a tattoo.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Completing my motorcycle course and riding my motorcycle. I love it.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier because now I am 30 and I feel like I know who I am better than ever before. About the same, weight-wise. Richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Cherish the little time I have with the boy. (Same as last year.)
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stress out. Get angry. Eat candy. (Same as last year.)
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Morning at our house. Afternoon with the extended family. It was lovely.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
A hundred times over. Every single day.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
More time alone.
27. What did you want and not get?
A good therapist. A bigger motorcycle. Pip overtaking the world.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Nothing stands out.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30 and I bawled my eyes out all day. It was a terrible birthday. When it was over, I sucked it up and dealt with it, and now I feel fine about 30, but it was a really eye-opening day that made me realize how little I’ve thought about myself in the past three years.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time at the beach.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
A really terrible haircut in the spring/summer really dictated my fashion sense for the year. I describe my style as “dressing like a 15 year old.”
32. What kept you sane?
Weekly, or bi-weekly visits to the beach just with Ash running around naked this summer when things were stressful. Short rides on the motorcycle. Thrift shopping. Sewing.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Oh, I dunno. Maybe just the little oil spill over yonder.
34. Who did you miss?
My sister, who spent four months in NYC.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
My friend and coworker Melissa. We have an incredible amount in common and it’s so nice to bond with someone on so many levels.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Do what makes you happy.
(This is my mantra though, and I’ve known it since the day I moved out of my parent’s house when still in high school, it’s just become increasingly important recently.)